Wednesday, April 6, 2016

One Year Later...

It's crazy to think that a year ago I was agonizing over college applications, staying up until midnight on deadline days and driving my parents insane with my procrastination. It's crazy to think that just a year ago I sat crying in their bedroom because I didn't know what school was right for me. It's crazy to think that this exact day one year ago I had just put down my deposit at the university I now call home. 



If you had told me a year ago that in 365 days time I would have committed to Villanova, survived the tedious days of orientation (awkward luau, anyone?), met some of my best friends, come to love Sunday morning recaps over French toast in the spit (after a wild night in conshy), cheered on my team from the student section in the Pavilion, joined an intramural volleyball team, survived late nights in Falvey followed by snack time in Good Counsel 225, and fall in love with a place I had known pretty much forever I would have called you crazy. During those four short, incredible months better known as my first semester of college, I laughed, cried, made mistakes and memories, and grew as a person for the better.

ready for hoops mania!

If you had told me a year ago that in 365 days time I would have moved 4,000 miles from home, seen Big Ben and taken countless rides on double decker buses, ate croissants under the Eiffel Tower, cheered on Scotland's rugby team at a pub in Scotland, drank wine at the top of a mountain in Spain, taken a trip to Ireland with my entire family, and have a real job in London I would definitely not have believed you. My life is an absolute dream right now and I am so so so blessed to be here. I've been in London for 3 months and I'm honestly still pinching myself!! If it wasn't for Villanova (and my parents, of course) I would never have been able to go on such an amazing adventure - and it's not even over yet!

always repping...even across the pond
Watching the Wildcats win the national championship for the first time since my dad was a freshman at Villanova in 1985 was absolutely unreal. Never have I been so proud to be a Villanovan and never have I been so certain that I made the right decision just a year ago. And although we didn't quite have a riot the size of the ones on Lancaster Avenue these past few days, you can bet that we celebrated in the empty streets of London at 5 in the morning when that winning shot went in at the buzzer. That's what I have come to realize is so amazing about the Nova Nation - no matter how far away you are, you will always be a part of it. You will always have a second home and a second family to come back to.


live reaction to the big win from London 
It's hard to put into words how much I have loved this past year. All I can say is that I cannot wait for the next three.


Go cats \V/


No comments:

Post a Comment